Mixed Media

My Mixed Media constructions consist mainly of textured collages created from monoprints, abstract painting, and found papers/objects. For most of my work I use mixed media paper as substrate but I also create work on wood and canvas.
For  mono printing I have both a glass plate and a gelatin plate but have to confess I very much prefer the gelatin plate as it is much easier to get an interesting looking and textured background on the pulled print.
Gelatin Plate mono-type printing is simply printing without a press. It resembles traditional methods such a wood block, etching and lithography, in that the image is developed on a printing plate, but instead of copper, stone or wood, this method uses a plate made of gelatin which gives it great freedom to explore and invent.
About 95% of the papers in the collages are hand-painted/printed by me, the other 5% are made up of found papers.

see more on my Instagram page

Please see my shop for mixed media work  with Gifted from Ireland

 

A few samples of  mounted and framed original work:
*
frames for reference only

 

 

 

details of a few finished prints: